Carnival is coming and if this year doesn’t bring joy and costume parties it certainly brings with it lots of fried desserts to make us happy.
Today I leave you the recipe for soft, very soft leavened dough donuts to be filled with delicious cherry jam, but also red fruit jam.
Like all leavened products, it will take a few hours to wait for leavening, hours which will be rewarded by these delicious and irresistible desserts.
Recipe by food blogger Antonella Audino
Donut yeast ingredients
250 g of w 330 flour
230 g of milk
10 g of brewer’s yeast
Dough ingredients for donuts:
250 g of w 330 flour
80 g of sugar
2 whole eggs
50 g of butter cut into pieces
5 g teaspoon of salt
1/2 lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
to taste of granulated sugar to decorate
to taste peanut oil for frying
1. Mix milk, flour and yeast in a planetary mixer and wait for it to double
1. Add half the remaining flour, half the sugar and an egg to the yeast and string together with the spiral. Start slowly to incorporate the ingredients, then increase the speed and string. With the strung dough, add the remaining flour, sugar and the other egg and string.
2. Add the chopped butter, the salt, the grated lemon or orange or a teaspoon of orange paste, always maintaining the stringing.
3. Collect the dough, round it and place it in a bowl covered with cling film and wait for it to double.
1. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin on a surface lightly dusted with flour, roll out delicately, also helping with your fingertips, pulling from underneath without deflating.
2. Cover with an 8 cm circle and place on baking paper spaced apart and leave to rise for about an hour with cling film.
1. Cook in boiling peanut oil at 170°. If you don’t have a fryer that allows for even cooking, use a thermometer and a tall, narrow pan because the donuts must float.
2. Place on absorbent paper to dry the excess oil, then insert the Agrisicilia cherry jam into a piping bag with a long, narrow nozzle.
3. Roll in granulated sugar and enjoy as soon as they are ready