The carpaccio salad with mandarins represents a perfect combination of freshness and Mediterranean flavours. With fresh Sicilian mandarin jam and juicy Agrisicilia, this delicacy offers an explosion of citrus and sweet taste. The carpaccio, thin and delicate, combines harmoniously with the sweetness of the mandarins, creating a symphony of typically Sicilian flavours. This culinary composition celebrates the richness of the island’s fruits, transporting diners on a sensorial journey through the landscapes and scents of Sicily.
Carpaccio salads with mandarins procedure
100g of beef for carpaccio (6-8 slices)
20g of Parmigiano Regiano DOP
2 teaspoons of Sicilian Mandarin Jam
Extra virgin olive oil
1. First, prepare the hearts of parmesan wafers (or parmesan, if you prefer), for which you will need a heart-shaped biscuit mold.
2. Finely grate the cheese.
3. Line a baking tray with baking paper then, using the mould, create lots of parmesan hearts (there will be around 8).
4. Cook in a preheated oven in ventilated mode at 200° for 4 minutes, then remove the hearts from the oven and leave to cool.
5. Season the carpaccio slices with chopped chives, salt, pepper and oil and leave them to marinate for at least half an hour.
6. Shell the walnuts and break them coarsely.
7. Arrange 3-4 slices of carpaccio on each plate, curling them a little, then place the cheese hearts here and there on the plate, perhaps leaving one upright.
8. Using two teaspoons, create quenelles of mandarin jam and arrange them on your plate.
9. Garnish with walnut kernels and a few marjoram leaves.
10. Complete with a drizzle of raw oil and a pinch of black pepper and serve.