The prawn meatballs enhance the taste with the fresh and lively aroma of Sicilian lemons, combined with the exquisite Sicilian lemon jam. These delicious culinary creations combine the citrus sweetness of the jam with the succulent flavors of the prawns, creating a perfect balance between sweet and savory. The delicacy of the meatballs, rich in marine flavour, blends harmoniously with the liveliness of the lemons, offering a unique tasting experience. This refined combination captures the soul of Sicily, transporting the palate on a culinary journey that enhances the aromas and flavors of the island.
Prawn meatballs with lemon jam preparation
500 g Prawns (fresh)
2 teaspoons “Syracuse Lemon I.G.P.” jam
1 bunch Parsley
50 g breadcrumbs
For the breading
50 g Flour
100 g breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon Milk
For the frying:
300 ml peanut oil
1. First, arm yourself with gloves and clean the prawns by removing the head, carapace and black pith, then rinse them well.
2. Place the prawns in the mixer with an egg, the jam, a pinch of salt, a pinch of chilli pepper and a handful of chopped parsley.
3. You will obtain a fairly liquid mush, transfer it into a bowl and add breadcrumbs to taste. until the mixture dries out a little.
4. Cover with cling film and transfer to the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up the dough.
5. Prepare 3 bowls: put the flour in one, the eggs beaten with milk in another and the breadcrumbs in the third.
6. Grease your hands with a drizzle of oil and start taking lots of small pieces of dough.
7. Form the meatballs and then coat them in the flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
8. When you have finished, coat the meatballs only in the breadcrumbs and adjust their shape.
9. Heat plenty of peanut oil in a small pan and fry the meatballs for a few minutes, then pass them on absorbent paper, complete with a pinch of salt and serve: enjoy your meal!