The courgette flowers, delicate and crunchy, are a culinary delicacy with a surprising touch of PescaBivona I.G.P. jam. These courgette flowers filled with contrasting flavors, such as anchovies and soft mozzarella, are elevated thanks to the subtle and refined sweetness of the jam. The bold and sophisticated combination of ingredients creates a unique taste harmony, combining the crunchiness of courgette flowers with the enveloping sweetness of I.G.P. jam. of PescaBivona. This culinary creation enhances the flavors of Sicily, giving an unforgettable culinary experience that mixes contrasts and harmonies.
Pumpkin fjords with peach jam
12 courgette flowers
100 g of mozzarella
1 tablespoon peach jam
75 g of re-milled durum wheat semolina flour
130 ml of beer
1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
300ml peanut oil
1. First, cut the mozzarella into cubes and place it in a strainer to remove excess milk.
2. Clean the courgette flowers from the stem.
3. Chop the anchovies and place them in a bowl with the mozzarella.
4. Add a drizzle of oil, a pinch of salt and chilli pepper and a spoonful of peach jam and mix well.
5. Stuff the courgette flowers, being careful not to break them.
6. Place the flour for the batter in a bowl and slowly add the cold beer, mixing with a whisk, then add a teaspoon of oil and a few drops of lemon juice.
7. Heat the peanut oil in a saucepan and, when it is hot, fry your courgette flowers.
8. As they brown, place the stuffed courgette flowers on absorbent paper to remove excess oil, then complete with a pinch of salt and a handful of chopped parsley and enjoy immediately.
Bon appetit, your courgette flowers stuffed with anchovies, mozzarella and peach jam are ready to be savored!